Who we are and what we do
Business Systems is the UK’s largest and most well-established Enterprise Communications Solutions Provider covering Monitor & Compliance, Workforce Engagement Management and Cloud Communications. We have built a strong reputation for delivering complex projects on time to a global customer base and have an impressive client list including The Bank of England, HSBC and Shell. We’ve been established for over 30 years and have offices in Isleworth and the City of London.
As well as delivering & maintaining best in class Enterprise Communications Solutions from Enterprise vendors we also develop our own Products on cloud and on-premise platforms. As an independent provider, our technical capabilities are complimented with broad and extremely strong customer relationships meaning we are uniquely placed to provide our customers with the best fit solution for their business.
Business Systems is large enough to have a strong reputation in Financial Services, Contact Centres and the Public Sector but is small enough that you will interact with Board members and senior management daily and have the opportunity to make a big impact.
As Head of the PMO, you will be responsible for managing a team of project managers delivering telephony and contact centre solutions across multiple BSL client accounts. You will report directly to the Chief Architect.
Ideally, we are looking for a candidate who has experience in a similar role or someone looking to take a next step from senior project management into a head of department/team leadership role. To be successful in this role, it is essential that you have experience in project financial reporting, working on sales bids, good internal and external stakeholder management and excellent communication skills along with a passion to proactively support team members.
- Collaboration with the leadership team to understand the business needs and objectives whilst working closely with other department heads to support business growth and operational efficiency
- Actively assisting with Sales prospects as part of a cross functional bid team to drive and win new business opportunities.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of existing key clients, their services and supported solutions
- Point of contact for team members to raise any concerns or issues at home/work and support as required
- Take ownership of and handle client escalations attending customer facing calls when required to diffuse situations
- Find solutions to problems, offer support and guidance to team members to overcome project blockers, resource challenges and issues
Product Management responsibilities:
- Work with resource owners to establish effective resource planning and forecasting for WIP and upcoming projects.
- Maintain and updating of project management methodology, procedures and processes
- Provide insight and guidance on appropriate project tools and systems to be used to deliver successful projects
- Establish and grow a PMO
- Work with all team members to promote the positive progressive BSL and family culture whilst ensuring continual personal and professional development is taking place
- Undertaking any other duties which may be requested by the Chief Architect
Skills, Experience and Attributes Required
- Excellent internal and external stakeholder management
- Credible and confident communicator (written and verbal) at all levels
- Strong leadership and mentoring experience to support team members individual growth, learning and development
- Demonstrable track record & skills/experience gained within a similar position/level
- Ability to manage complex cross-functional projects
- Experience managing and mitigating risk
- Great knowledge of project and change management
- Innovative and self-motivated with the ability to work proactively using own initiative
- Passionate about achieving high levels of excellence and results driven
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to work accurately in a fast-paced and demanding client-focused environment
- Ability to cope well with pressure, assertive and adaptable
- Committed to individual and organisational learning and development
What’s in it for you
To work for a company that understands the importance of a work life balance. Our culture is one that focuses on outcomes, great delivery and working as a team and we try to be as flexible and pragmatic as possible about how that gets done.
A company that is on a significant growth curve and is keen to take on new ideas and apply them within the team and the broader organisation.
Salary, benefits, working hours and place of work:
- Competitive salary (dependant on skills and experience)
- Annual leave starting at 25 days which increases to 26 days upon 4 years service and 27 days upon 5 years service (plus bank holidays)
- Life Insurance
- Pension Scheme (matched contribution up to 5%)
- Private Medical Cover (upon successful completion of probation period)
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Location: The successful candidate will be based from home with travel to customer sites and BSL offices as/when required. However there will be occasions required to attend the office.
- Full time hours working 09:00 to 17:30 (including 1 hour unpaid lunch) Monday to Friday.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email our HR department at [email protected] with a covering letter and CV.