Who we are and what we do
Business Systems is the UK’s largest and most well-established Enterprise Communications Solutions Provider covering Monitor & Compliance, Workforce Engagement Management and Cloud Communications. We have built a strong reputation for delivering complex projects on time to a global customer base and have an impressive client list including The Bank of England, HSBC and Shell. We’ve been established for over 30 years and have offices in Isleworth and the City of London.
As well as delivering & maintaining best in class Enterprise Communications Solutions from Enterprise vendors we also develop our own Products on cloud and on-premise platforms. As an independent provider, our technical capabilities are complimented with broad and extremely strong customer relationships meaning we are uniquely placed to provide our customers with the best fit solution for their business.
Business Systems is large enough to have a strong reputation in Financial Services, Contact Centres and the Public Sector but is small enough that you will interact with Board members and senior management daily and have the opportunity to make a big impact.
As the Product Owner you will have the focus, tenacity and passion to proactively support internal stakeholders and the development team in delivering high quality products.
This is an opportunity for an experienced Product Owner/Business Analyst to join a growing development team who work using Agile/Scrum to deliver technical solutions to our customer’s business challenges, through both deployed and hosted products.
- Proactively work with key product stakeholders to understand product requirements and translate into well-defined user stories and acceptance criteria in collaboration with the Development team.
- Ability to interpret a high-level specification to create user stories.
- Ability to take on the user perspective and to reflect this within the stories.
- Listening Skills – Ability to actively listen to a conversation and be able to understand the salient points as well as listen to the subtle indications/messages which indicate dissatisfaction or an underlying issue.
- Ensure product stakeholders are kept informed of progress and challenges, providing sufficient detail to allow decisions to be made quickly and effectively for continued progress.
- Work closely with the Scrum Master, reporting to Head of Product Management.
- Foster energised, engaged Scrum Teams
- Take ownership of the product backlog, engaging with appropriate stakeholders to ensure clarity of requirements, acceptance criteria, dependencies and priority.
- Fully embrace the agile development process including daily team scrums, refinement, sizing and sessions, workshops and stakeholder sprint review/demonstrations.
- Identify where changes to requirements occur that they are suitably reviewed: implications considered, discussed with all relevant stakeholders, sized appropriately, implemented and tested.
- Quick learner, able to understand highly complex requirements and systems.
- Attention to detail and consistent application of standards.
Product Management responsibilities:
- Support Head of Product Management in completing relevant processes to ensure Products are ready for delivery teams to implement and support through Product life cycle
- Able to reflect PM’s product vision to Stakeholders when PM unavailable.
- Propose and support opportunities to improve processes, as part of philosophy of constant iterative improvement
Skills, Experience and Attributes Required
The following are essential:
- Worked as a Business Analyst or Product Owner supporting software development using SCRUM
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Live within a commutable distance to Isleworth, Middlesex.
- Team Working Skills – Experience of team working and understanding how your role within the team benefits the whole.
- Experience of working across at least two Scrum teams simultaneously.
- Interpersonal Skills – Good awareness of other people/situations and ability to adapt approach accordingly.
- Agile Mindset – Able to be flexible and adapt to change.
- Demonstrably driven and proactive, take ownership and responsibility to ensure work is completed.
Nice to haves, although role will allow you to develop these skills and experience:
- Experience with Single-Page Application UI development and maintenance.
- Experience of product built on a Server-less Architecture.
- Experience of a product with RESTful APIs as a primary interface.
- Experience of products built on a Service/Capability based architecture.
- Experience of development and deployment in Cloud Services, including MS Azure & AWS.
- Experience working with external suppliers, such as for UI design and development.
- Experience in working across multiple products.
- Experience in delivering and maintaining developed products.
What’s in it for you
To work for a company that understands the importance of a work life balance. Our culture is one that focuses on outcomes, great delivery and working as a team and we try to be as flexible and pragmatic as possible about how that gets done.
A company that is on a significant growth curve and is keen to take on new ideas and apply them within the team and the broader organisation.
Salary, benefits, working hours and place of work:
- Competitive salary (dependant on skills and experience)
- Annual leave starting at 25 days which increases to 26 days upon 4 years service and 27 days upon 5 years service (plus bank holidays)
- Life Insurance
- Pension Scheme (matched contribution up to 5%)
- Private Medical Cover (upon successful completion of probation period)
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Location: City and Isleworth offices with the expectation of a minimum of 2/3 days a week in either office, depending on business requirements. Also visiting Customers sites and industry conferences as required.
- You will be able to work flexible working hours – 8.5 hours (including 1 hour for lunch) to be worked between the hours of 08:00 and 18:00 each day, Monday to Friday.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email our HR department at [email protected] with a covering letter and CV.