Who we are and what we do
Business Systems is the UK’s largest and most well-established Enterprise Communications Solutions Provider covering Monitor & Compliance, Workforce Engagement Management and Cloud Communications. We have built a strong reputation for delivering complex projects on time to a global customer base and have an impressive client list including The Bank of England, HSBC and Shell. We’ve been established for over 30 years and have offices in Isleworth and the City of London.
As well as delivering & maintaining best in class Enterprise Communications Solutions from Enterprise vendors we also develop our own Products on cloud and on-premise platforms. As an independent provider, our technical capabilities are complimented with broad and extremely strong customer relationships meaning we are uniquely placed to provide our customers with the best fit solution for their business.
Business Systems is large enough to have a strong reputation in Financial Services, Contact Centres and the Public Sector but is small enough that you will interact with Board members and senior management daily and have the opportunity to make a big impact.
You will be required to work closely with customers and internal resources to ensure that projects are delivered within the required timescales and to the quality expected. You will need to understand the business requirement for each project, define the deliverables, resource requirements, identify and mitigate risk, plan the work and manage delivery. You will need to ensure that a project is delivered within set financial constraints.
This role offers the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment, which actively encourages team work, self organisation and accountability. It provides the freedom to play a key role in delivering projects which directly influence the success of the business.
Skills, Experience and Attributes Required
Suitable candidates will have a minimum of 2-years professional project management experience within the IT/Telecoms industry, involving the development and implementation of systems and will ideally have a basic knowledge of various technologies such as VoIP, SIP and Cloud platforms. We need an individual with strong project management skills and proven capability of managing project risks, issues and bringing them to a close.
Candidates should be self-motivated, with the ability to use their own initiative to take projects forward and have a flexible approach to working practices and able to deliver under pressure. You will need to be organised with excellent time management skills and ideally have the full Prince 2 or equivalent certification.
In addition, the following skills/knowledge/attributes are important:
- At least three years domain knowledge either within a voice recording, telephony, cloud or contact centre environments with demonstrable knowledge.
- Understanding of voice recording and associated tools (i.e. work force optimisation, audio analytics).
- Experience using Microsoft Project 365.
- Decision Making.
- Good Judgement.
- Resource and Time Management.
- Excellent written communication with the ability to produce professional project plans, documentation and reports.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to deal with internal and external customers and partners at all levels.
- The ability to manage multiple Projects across different Market Sectors and Technologies.
- Excellent MS Office skills, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Hold a full clean UK Driving Licence.
What’s in it for you?
To work for a company that understands the importance of a work life balance. Our culture is one that focuses on outcomes, great delivery and working as a team and we try to be as flexible and pragmatic as possible about how that gets done.
A company that is on a significant growth curve and is keen to take on new ideas and apply them within the team and the broader organisation.
Salary, benefits, working hours and place of work:
- Competitive salary (dependant on skills and experience)
- Annual leave starting at 25 days which increases to 26 days upon 4 years service and 27 days upon 5 years service (plus bank holidays)
- Life Insurance
- Pension Scheme (matched contribution up to 5%)
- Private Medical Cover (upon successful completion of probation period)
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Location: Working from home and at various project sites throughout the country with an expectation to visit BSL offices regularly to work collaboratively with colleagues.
- Hours: Monday to Friday 09:00 to 17:30 (including 1 hour unpaid lunch break). Weekend and out of hours work is required to cover active project work.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email our HR department at [email protected] with a covering letter and CV.