Who we are and what we do
BSL Group’s team of incredible professionals are what makes us the best at what we do. We are the UK’s largest and most well-established Enterprise Communications Solutions Provider covering Monitor & Compliance, Workforce Engagement Management and Cloud Communications. We have built a strong reputation for delivering complex projects to our global clients and have an impressive client list including The Bank of England, HSBC and Shell. We’ve been established for over 30 years and have offices in West London and the City of London.
As well as delivering & maintaining best in class capabilities from Enterprise vendors we also develop our own Products that help our clients on their digital transformation journey from on-premise to cloud platforms. Our technical capabilities are complimented with strong client relationships which uniquely positions us to provide our clients with the best fit solution for their business.
Business Systems is large enough to have a strong reputation in Financial Services, Contact Centres and the Public Sector but is small enough that you will interact with senior managers and the leadership team daily as well as having the opportunity to make a big impact.
We are growing rapidly and looking to welcome new colleagues to join the team!
We know that our core values make us what we are
People First – we know the importance of our people; People development, opportunity, motivation, and inclusivity are all critical pillars in our approach to People.
Expertise – we know our stuff and we bring a history of deep technical knowledge and combine it with an understanding of our client’s needs.
Collaboration – we work together internally and with clients. It’s the project (and how we run it), not the product that makes the difference.
Tenacity – we don’t give up no matter how difficult it becomes; we deliver on our promises.
Agility – we continually adapt, and we embrace and build on change.
As our new Senior Project Manager, you will be part of our Project Management Office team, working closely with colleagues in all other BSL departments, key client stakeholders and vendors. You will report to our Head of Project Management Office. You will be focussed on successful project management and delivery. Success in this role will be the delivery of projects to scope, time and budget.
This role is home based with an expectation to attend our/client offices as needed to meet the demands of the role. As part of the BSL team, you will have ample opportunity to develop new skills, utilise cutting edge technologies and work with amazing colleagues at our City and West London offices.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for planning and overseeing Telecommunications projects to ensure they are completed in a timely fashion and within budget
- Carry out monitoring and control activities to track the progress of the project
- Identify and manage risks to ensure delivery is on time
- Implement any necessary changes throughout the process
- Report regularly to management and stakeholders
- Taking ownership and managing problem sites (which may be an existing project, a support Client with multiple issues or a key account) which warrant the need of a dedicated person to control, manage and resolve outstanding issues
- Acting as an escalation point for any problems that may arise during installation
- Ensuring that any company products are installed in an efficient, safe, and professional manner
- Ensure that all project related reports are always kept up to date
- Updating the relevant Account Manager or Sales Executive in relation to any technical or commercial issues that may delay the project implementation or sign off
- Overall responsibility for production of Site Documentation for Sign Off informing the CSC that a system has gone “live”
- Close the project – including evaluating successes and challenges
- Establish and build a positive, communicative, and collaborative relationship with all other Business Systems teams
- Providing input in key sales opportunities by assisting the Pre-Sales and Sales team
- Provision of Project quotes when required
- To represent BSL at Client meetings in a senior capacity
We would love to hear from you if you have experience with:
- Telecommunications Project Delivery including but not limited to:
- Network / Architecture
- CCaaS (Genesys PureConnect / Cloud & Nice CXone)
- Monitoring & Compliance (Nice, Redbox, Verint)
- WEM (Calabrio)
And skills in:
- Excellent internal and external stakeholder management
- Credible and confident communicator (written and verbal) at all levels
- Demonstrable track record & skills/experience gained within a similar role
- Ability to manage complex cross functional projects
- Experience managing and mitigating risk
- Great knowledge of project and change management
- Innovative and self-motivated with the ability to work proactively using own initiative
- Ability to cope well with pressure, assertive and adaptable
The above skills and experience aren’t all or nothing. We’d love to hear from you if you feel that you would be successful in the role, especially if you have something unique to bring to the table. For the right person, we can offer training to fill minor skills gaps.
Our diverse and highly capable team is what makes us great at what we do. We are especially interested in hearing from you if you are from an underrepresented background, including (but not limited to) if you have a disability, are a working parent, are from an ethnic or religious minority background, are a member of the LGBTQ+ community, or are fleeing conflict or persecution.
We have planned for this role to be Full Time, Monday to Friday, but are very open to a chat about flexibility and how the role could fit around your commitments.
BSL is a People First business, and we work hard to make sure that our people have what they need to reach their potential. Our perks and benefits include:
- Shopping discounts, wellbeing, and mental health support
- Cycle to Work scheme and shower facilities at our City office
- Annual leave starting at x25 days (plus bank holidays)
- Life cover
- Pension Scheme (we match your contribution up to 5%)
- Private Medical Insurance (upon successful completion of probation period)
- Location: The successful candidate will be based Home Based
What else you get
We understand the importance of work life balance. Our culture is one that focuses on our Values: People First, Expertise, Collaboration, Tenacity and Agility and we try to be as flexible and pragmatic as possible about how the work gets done.
We are a growing company that is pivoting itself more and more towards cloud deployment and to rapidly expand this capability. A company that is on a significant growth curve and is keen to take on new ideas and apply them within the team and the broader organisation.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email our People Team at [email protected] with a covering letter and CV. We hope you’ll join us!