How to record mobile phone calls
There are many different options available to choose from when deciding how to record mobile phone calls. Which solution you choose to go with is dependent upon different factors including user requirements and budget. Here we list a few options for you to consider when deciding how to record mobile phone calls.
To find out more about Mobile Call Recording, check out our article:
The Evolution of Mobile Call Recording
In Network Recording
Network based mobile voice recording means that calls and text messages can be recorded on any mobile device regardless of the operating system. No applications need to be running on the handset and calls are routed to and from the handset using a mobile switching centre with a duplicate stream of the call sent to the mobile recording solution.
The solution is effectively tamperproof and in no way impacts the user experience with lengthy or unexplained delays during connection. Calls are then securely accessed and played back through a secure web interface or can even be integrated into the playback system of an organisations landline or CPE based recording system.
SIM-based Mobile Recording
Increasingly workers are using their mobile phones outside of the office, at meetings, during events or when they are travelling to and from their chosen destination.
With SIM-based mobile call recording you get to keep your existing number and handset, the only thing that changes is your SIM card.
There are two ways to record telephone calls on your mobile using this approach.
- The first is ‘on demand’ which gives you the option to record a call part way through your conversation.
- The second is ‘always available’ which basically means mobile recording is constantly on for all inbound and outbound calls being made. Calls are all recorded and sent to the data centre for storage and retrieval and accessed through a secure web interface.
- Compliant, supports training, governance and improves productivity
- Secure, with optional security settings that can be customised and exceed current compliance standards
- Advanced encryption makes sure only nominated individuals can access recordings
- Integrates seamlessly with existing systems
To find out more about how to get the most out of MVR, check out our article:
Getting the most out of Mobile Phone Recording
App Based Mobile Recording
There are a number of apps available in the market that allows organisations to securely record employee conversation via a mobile app.
This improves the employee experience as it removes the need for a business phone entirely, giving employees the ability to use their own device, which is their device of choice. It also benefits the business as it helps reduce the number of mobile handsets they need to provide and it’s a great benefit to the environment, helping to reduce the number of phones in circulation.
- Employees to use their phone of choice
- No need to change mobile supplier as app is added to phone
- Provides a fully functional second number with separate phonebook and voicemail
- Existing business number can be retained
- Do not disturb function to help manage work/life balance
- Collaborate safely and securely with instant and group messaging
- Recording can be added if required